Anyone out there who likes listening to stories/books? Commuters, walkers, listeners? The first 10 people out there who reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org will receive a code for a free Audible version of Strong Heart. The only catch is, promise me you’ll post a review on Amazon and Goodreads once you listen to it….There’s some information about the tale to the right on the sidebar.
And, here’s a couple more recent reviews:
Recently finished Strong Heart. Absolutely loved it. What a well researched and crafted tale – excellent writing. It has all the elements — wilderness, seafaring, battling nature (both human and non), pre-history, science, anthropology, big animals, ecology, natural beauty and deep thinking about what it really means to be a human in this unforgiving world. Some of my favorite scenes were out at sea, in the big canoe, lost in the vastness and freezing cold – the icy blue sky, big glaciers, relentless wind, dark waves and whitecaps – amazing what these people undertook and the huge risks to life and limb they faced every day. Your writing really brings it alive and it sticks. You managed a complex story within the story structure which not only worked, but succeeded in enhancing the message and made it totally real to me. Major food for thought — I continue to ruminate over it and will for a long time. Bravo! Dick L.
You’ve spun a great yarn! My hobby is reading history, but I don’t usually read historical fiction, so I had also forgotten how vividly a writer can convey what it might have been like to live history. Among other things, your tale drove home the experience of living among large carnivores at a time before metallurgy and numbers gave us humans such a decisive advantage that the only large animals we had to be constantly on guard against were other humans. I also enjoyed your sympathetic meditation on the conflict between belief and evidence, which, as you note, has become a much more important subject than it was when we were at in high school way back…Thanks for the enjoyable read! John P.
So, if you’re interested, send me a message, and I’ll send you the Audible code. Then follow the directions below:
- Go to my book’s page on Audible – google Strong Heart Sheldon and find the Amazon link or click on this: .com: https://www.amazon.com/Strong-Heart/dp/B06VWZZJDM/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
- Add the audiobook to your cart.
- Create a new Audible.com account or log in.
- Enter the promo code and click “Redeem” on the cart page.
- To change the price from full price to $0.00, click the box next to “1 Credit” and click the “update” button to apply the credit to your purchase.
- Complete checkout, and start listening to the free copy of the book.